Badminton is a fun,and family friendly game that is popular both in casual backyard play as well as in competitive leagues in several areas of the world. A badminton set is a very easy way to bring this fun game into your own backyard, or along with you to a park, beach, or wherever you may go.
When you are looking to buy a set for your own home, there are a few choices you’ll have to make. First of all, when buying a badminton set, you’re making the decision to buy the equipment all in one purchase, rather than selecting and assembling individual racquets, shuttles, net, etc.
For most people, the set is a very good idea. In fact, many sets even include a specially designed case or bag in which you can easily store your equipment when it’s not set up. This is a great way of both keeping your equipment clean, as well as transporting it easily to wherever you want to bring it.
Most badminton sets today will include at least the following:
- A standard size (17-20 foot) net, with any equipment needed for set-up
- 2 or 4 racquets
- 2-3 shuttles (birdies)
- A bag/case specifically for the net
- A carrying/storage bag or case for the whole set
- Lines/ropes to mark out regulation playing distance
- A special case for protecting shuttles
- Individual racquet covers (especially with high end racquets)
Park & Sun Badminton Pro Set by Park & Sun Sports:
The Park & Sun(r) Badminton Pro Set can be set up in your backyard, so you can enjoy hours of badminton fun during parties and get-togethers.
Establish your own backyard badminton court with this professional-level badminton set from Park & Sun Sports. The set includes a pair of square, telescopic, 1 1/2-inch-wide PVC poles featuring a three-piece design. A 21-foot-long badminton net is official sized and sports a 1-inch top tape and 4-inch side sleeves. Four aluminum badminton rackets are equipped with a steel shaft, Gosen strings, and padded grips. The 1/8-inch-thick yellow boundary marker is a cinch to see and measures 44 feet by 20 feet. A guy line system holds the net sturdy and is accompanied by four 10-inch ground stakes. Three shuttlecocks are made of A-grade nylon and sport cork tips. Everything stores neatly in a durable equipment bag with a full zipper. The set is easy to set up and transport. The poles are covered by a two-year warranty.
- Professional-level badminton set; lets you create a badminton court in your own backyard
- Square, telescopic PVC poles; 21-foot-long badminton net; four aluminum badminton rackets
- Yellow boundary marker; guy line system; ground stakes; three A-grade nylon shuttlecocks with cork tips
- Everything stores neatly in a durable equipment bag with full zipper
- Easy to set up and transport; poles are covered by two-year warranty
About Park & Sun
Park & Sun Sports is an innovative, quality provider of athletic equipment and sports specialty games.
What’s in the Box
Two poles, net, four rackets, three shuttlecocks, boundary marker, guy line system, and carrying case.
Carlton Tournament 4 Player Badminton Set:
The Carlton 4 Player PowerBlade Tournament Badminton Set is the perfect quality pick and carry away badminton set, and is great for a casual game with friends or family anywhere. In the garden or park, or just for skill practice sessions, this set provides a well rounded kit with everything you need to get playing quickly. Something you can enjoy in the sunshine all year round, this Carlton PowerBlade Tournament Badminton Set offers a very sturdy net and steel post set guaranteed to last, and 3 durable shuttles with quality cork base for a fast game.
- 4 durable steel rackets with steel shafts
- 1 net
- 2 steel posts and stakes to secure in the ground
- 3 C10 synthetic shuttlecocks
- 1 racket bag
Franklin Sports Recreational Badminton/Volleyball Set by Franklin:
The Franklin Sports Recreational Badminton and Volleyball sets is a must have for every backyard. This set includes everything you need for a family volleyball game or a 2 on 2 badminton game. The pole set adjusts to 61″ assembled height. Carry/storage bag included.
- Includes Official size vinyl volleyball with inflating pump and needle, carry bag included
- 4 Tempered steel rackets with Hy-sheep string and 2 yellow shuttlecocks
- Poles are .75-Inch diameter octagon, virgin PVC with 61-Inch assembled height
- Net is 20-Feet X 1.5-Feet X 1.5-Inch
- Includes 6 yellow styrene ground stakes, 2 top and 2 middle guy ropes and 3 sided tape construction
Sportcraft Two Player Badminton Racket Set by Sportcraft:
Sportcraft Two Player Badminton Racket Set has four Hi-performance badminton rackets. It includes high grade twisted string and grommet protectors for added strength and durability. It has soft touch wood handles for no slip grip. It also comes with a convenient carry/storage bag.
- Two-player Badminton Racket Set features four badminton rackets
- High grade twisted string • Grommet protectors for added strength and durability
- Soft touch wood handles for non-slip grip
- Also includes convenient carry/storage bag and two official sized shuttlecocks
The Sportcraft Two-player Badminton Racket Set features four badminton rackets with high grade twisted string, grommet protectors for added strength and durability, and soft touch wood handles for a non-slip grip. Also included is a convenient carry storage bag and two official sized shuttlecocks.
The General Sportcraft Company was founded in 1926. In those times, most department stores did not carry sporting goods, so General Sportcraft helped pioneer the concept of “family-fun” departments within the store. Soon, the popularity of these departments spawned stand-alone sporting goods stores.
In the 1940s and 1950s, Sportcraft introduced new outdoor games to America, such as bocce, horseshoes, and volleyball. In time, Sportcraft’s focus moved to indoors games like table tennis, billiards, foosball, and darts, now the company’s most popular product lines. Today, more than 13 million customers a year purchase Sportcraft products.
Head Recreational Leisure Badminton Complete Kit by HEAD:
The Head Leisure Badminton Kit is the perfect quality pick and carry away badminton set, and is great for a casual game with friends or family anywhere. In the garden or park, or just for skill practice sessions, this set provides a well rounded kit with everything you need to get playing quickly. Something you can enjoy in the sunshine all year round, this Head Leisure Badminton Kit offers a very sturdy net and steel post set guaranteed to last, and 2 durable shuttles with quality cork base for a fast game. This badminton set includes: 4 Head Titanium Smash racquets (2 blue and 2 red ones). 2 nylon shuttles. Net, Steel Posts and Lines (court markers). Carry bag. Set up instructions.
- 4 Head Titanium Smash racquets (2 blue and 2 red ones)
- 2 nylon shuttles
- Net, Steel Post and Lines (court markers)
- Carry bag
Franklin Sports Advanced Badminton/Volleyball Set by Franklin:
The Franklin Sports Advanced Volleyball/Badminton Combo set is a must have for every backyard. This set includes everything you need for a family volleyball game or a 2 on 2 badminton game. The pole set adjusts to 3 different playing heights. Also includes deluxe hard-sided messenger style carry bag.
- Advanced 4-player badminton/volleyball set with adjustable net
- Telescoping net offers 3 playing heights: 7′ 3″, 6′, and 5′ 1″
- 4 “tight-string” badminton racquets with soft-touch padded grips
- Volleyball is official Soft Spike size and weight for outdoor play
- Includes 2 A-grade shuttlecocks, boundary kit, and hard carrying bag
Turn your backyard into a full outdoor playground with this advanced four-player badminton/volleyball set from Franklin Sports. The set comes with everything you need to play badminton or volleyball with three of your closest friends, including an adjustable net with three playing heights (7′ 3″, 6′, and 5′ 1″), four badminton racquets, two shuttlecocks, an official volleyball, and all the related accessories. The net sets up pretty much anywhere, with a pair of telescoping 1.25-inch octagonal poles made of virgin PVC, two top and two middle guy ropes, six adjustable guy rope tension clips, and six yellow styrene ground stakes. The set’s four “tight-string” badminton racquets, meanwhile, include tempered steel shafts and soft-touch padded grips, guaranteeing comfortable, confident play. And the volleyball itself is the official Soft Spike size and weight, and comes with an inflating pump and needle.
Other features include two A-grade shuttlecocks, an official badminton/volleyball boundary marker kit, a scoring system, and a deluxe hard-sided messenger-style carrying bag.
About Franklin Sports
Franklin Sports has been a leader in sporting goods since 1946. Franklin provides a full range of products to Major Leaguers and aspiring young athletes, including gloves, bats, equipment, and more. The company prides itself on its ability to understand the needs of baseball players at all levels, from little leaguers to big leaguers.
Pro Performance Speedminton Fun Set by Pro Performance Sports:
Speedminton, a new dimension in racquet sports, combines tennis, badminton, and racquetball and is endorsed by 2006 U.S. Open Champion Maria Sharapova. Easy to learn for beginners and fun for many advanced players, this game can be played anywhere by using the dimensions of a tennis court (although you don’t need a net to play). It’s fun and portable like badminton, aerobic and competitive like racquetball, and fun for the whole family.
- High-energy game that combines the best of tennis, badminton, and racquetball
- Play day or night, indoors or out, using the dimensions of a tennis court
- Easy to learn for beginners • Fun and portable, Speedminton is also an aerobic and competitive sport
- Set includes two Speedracquets, three Speeders, four Speedlights, one Speedbag, one Wind Ring, and eight cones for markers
Three Types of Play:
• Fun Speeder can be used by beginners or for recreational volleys on the beach or in a park.
• Match Speeder is for fast and competitive play.
• Night Speeder is modified so that a Speedlight can be inserted at the base.
What’s in the Box?
• 2 Speedracquets made of high-quality, extruded aluminum for maximum durability
• 3 Speeders made from patented, aerodynamic materials, each for a different kind of play
• 4 Speedlights for up to three hours of after-dark play
• 1 Speedbag for carrying portability
• 1 Wind Ring for all-weather play
• 8 cones for court markers
There are no court, no rules, and no limits. From a recreational game at the beach to an exciting volley in total darkness, you can just play without keeping score. If it’s windy, simply snap a wind ring onto the Speeder for added stability.
Use Easy Courts to set up a game at the beach or on grassy fields. You can also use cones to turn any open space or a tennis court into two Speed Courts.
You can easily set up a game at any gym or indoor tennis court. No net is required–just mark your boundaries with the Easy Court or cones and you’re ready to play.
The Night Speeder makes it possible to play at night. Just press a Speedlight into the clear Night Speeder head to let it glow in the dark (they glow 2-3 hours). As shooting stars cross the night sky, you’ll only see the Night Speeder.
A game is played to 16 points. Serve from the center of your playing field and players alternate service every three points. Play best-of-five to win a match.
Wilson Badminton Tour Kit by Wilson:
Bring your favorite game to the park, the beach, or your own backyard — the Wilson® badminton tour kit includes 4 lightweight racquets, 3 plastic shuttlecocks, and a regulation net with titanium poles. A sturdy carrying case packs it all away for easy storage and transport.
- 4 racquets constructed from 6000 Series aluminum
- 3 plastic shuttlecocks
- Regulation badminton net with titanium poles
- Carrying case with handle
Halex Shuttlecocks, Assorted Colors (6-pack) by Halex:
Halex Six High Performance Shuttlecocks with advanced design and construction for long life. Maxihold Rubber Tip for durability. Assorted colors.
- Six High Performance Shuttlecocks
- Advanced design and construction for long life
- Maxihold rubber tip for durability
- year manufacturers warranty